Wednesday 22 May 2013

Post Exam Arrogance, Growing Up and the Journey to the Centre of the Earth

Today marked the first exam of the very last season of exams ...Ever. I'm not going to lie. It went well. Too well for me to be arrogant about it really. The last weeks hard work of homoerotic companionship working late into the night revising as the taller and more rugged part of a duo more incredible than the Wright Brothers and sure to achieve far more than just inventing flying machines, paid off. Although the temperature in the examination room was enough to steam the hairs of a coconut and perhaps lowered my sperm count considerably, knowledge was transferred from brain to paper in a great splurge and before I knew it, it was time to leave and celebrate with a cornish pastie. 

In other news, I had a sudden scare last night on the metro journey home. Listening to a group of northern teenage yobos, with more piercings than a heroine addict from Croydon, laughing at farts and other such delights it occurred to me that it wasn't funny. When did this happen?  I used to pride myself on my childlike antics of entertaining myself, and to quote my Father, I realised I have to get old but growing up? Not willingly. But it seemed somehow without realising it I had become a boring old man. However quickly this morning I realised that this must have just been lack of sleep. A child fell over on the metro this morning when we stopped. I laughed out loud and attracted all manners of glares. All was right in the world again. I mean I am probably going to Hell, but then I'm ok with that. It sounds more fun down there anyway.

So the ratio of revision to watching videos of other  people having fun in kayaks around the world has slowly diminished in favour of the kayaks, and productivity is at an all time low. The next exam is in one days time and it's a mere 10 days until I put tyres to tarmac and up sticks from North back to South.

I suppose I should stop talking crap and get on with it.







No comments:

Post a Comment